The purpose of EPPL is to provide support for the research and coordination of scientific activities in the field of pulsed power.
The consortium gathers research laboratories which have complementary competences in the domain of Pulsed Power Technology and applications.
There are a lot of reasons for coordinating research activities within the framework of a European research group:
- the exploratory and fundamental aspects of the proposed research field need to demonstrate its potential interest in a prospective industrial development,
- the degree of excellence and the world-wide recognised expertise of the partners,
- the unique feature and competitiveness of the proposal to establish long-term cooperation,
- the efficiency of several bilateral scientific collaborations through national and international grants,
- the tight links of some of the partners with industry that help finalise the objectives.
Each group of partners related to a specific topic gathers a critical mass of researchers who can ensure the success of the dedicated activities.
The major interest of this network is to share all this wealth of bilateral experience and to open up to the whole European community.